Hello Third Trimester!
Well time is certainly flying I'm 28+4 today and feeling pretty good, if a little tired.
Since my last post I've had my 25 week appointment (with a GP) and 28 week appointment (with a midwife). The two appointments could NOT have been more different!
The 25 week appointment was horrible. Partly my fault as, unfortunately, I was five minutes late (very bad traffic and some unexpected road works) despite leaving at last 30 minutes to do a 25 minute journey, and the GP was thoroughly unpleasant to me as a result. She jumped down my throat as soon as I entered the room, without giving me time to explain or apologise, which set an unpleasant tone for the whole appointment. Of course, sod's law would dictate that the one time I am late for an appointment is the one time my GP's surgery was running on time (I normally have to sit and wait for 5-30 minutes for a scheduled appointment and I am always polite to the GP, even when they often don't often apologise for the delay).
Anyway, the stressful journey and GP's snotty attitude to me left me completely flustered and on the verge of tears. As a result my blood pressure was high. The whole appointment was rushed and I didn't feel comfortable asking any of the questions I'd planned to. The GP also didn't seem certain about anything, she fussed over my blood pressure and uhmed and ahhed as to whether it was actually high or not, she didn't seem sure if I was measuring small or large, and she had no idea which way around the baby was. The only definitive answer I got was that my urine sample had no protein in it. Seemed like a bit of a waste of time to me to be honest.
The 28 week appointment with the midwife, despite having bloods taken and an anti-D jab, couldn't have been any nicer in comparison to my GP appointment. I arrived 10 minutes early (didn't want a repeat experience!) but wasn't seen until 30 minutes after my appointment time, so I just sat in the lovely lounge, reading pregnancy literature and feeling nice and relaxed. There was a tiny baby in the lounge area for a checkup and he had hiccoughs - the cutest sound ever.
I had bloods taken, then we listened to the baby's heartbeat and the midwife had a measure and a good feel of my tummy. She could tell that the baby was head down (yay!) with back to my left side and feet/hands to the right, which tallies up with where I feel the most kicks and jabs and also were I feel pressure from the head moving. I was measuring spot on 28cm at 28 weeks too! After that I had the dreaded anti-D injection, which wasn't quite as bad as I had been led to believe, although I got a glimpse of the needle and it was rather massive. My arm was a lot less sore afterwards than the flu jab though, which was a pleasant surprise.
Next appointment is at 31 weeks with the GP again - needless to say I'll be booking in to see a different GP and asking for a morning appointment so I don't have a long journey back from work and am much less likely to be late that way.
The bump is progressing nicely - I am starting to feel quite big now and I love it (apart from the difficulty with shoes and socks!). Here are my pictures to date...
Well time is certainly flying I'm 28+4 today and feeling pretty good, if a little tired.
Since my last post I've had my 25 week appointment (with a GP) and 28 week appointment (with a midwife). The two appointments could NOT have been more different!
The 25 week appointment was horrible. Partly my fault as, unfortunately, I was five minutes late (very bad traffic and some unexpected road works) despite leaving at last 30 minutes to do a 25 minute journey, and the GP was thoroughly unpleasant to me as a result. She jumped down my throat as soon as I entered the room, without giving me time to explain or apologise, which set an unpleasant tone for the whole appointment. Of course, sod's law would dictate that the one time I am late for an appointment is the one time my GP's surgery was running on time (I normally have to sit and wait for 5-30 minutes for a scheduled appointment and I am always polite to the GP, even when they often don't often apologise for the delay).
Anyway, the stressful journey and GP's snotty attitude to me left me completely flustered and on the verge of tears. As a result my blood pressure was high. The whole appointment was rushed and I didn't feel comfortable asking any of the questions I'd planned to. The GP also didn't seem certain about anything, she fussed over my blood pressure and uhmed and ahhed as to whether it was actually high or not, she didn't seem sure if I was measuring small or large, and she had no idea which way around the baby was. The only definitive answer I got was that my urine sample had no protein in it. Seemed like a bit of a waste of time to me to be honest.
The 28 week appointment with the midwife, despite having bloods taken and an anti-D jab, couldn't have been any nicer in comparison to my GP appointment. I arrived 10 minutes early (didn't want a repeat experience!) but wasn't seen until 30 minutes after my appointment time, so I just sat in the lovely lounge, reading pregnancy literature and feeling nice and relaxed. There was a tiny baby in the lounge area for a checkup and he had hiccoughs - the cutest sound ever.
I had bloods taken, then we listened to the baby's heartbeat and the midwife had a measure and a good feel of my tummy. She could tell that the baby was head down (yay!) with back to my left side and feet/hands to the right, which tallies up with where I feel the most kicks and jabs and also were I feel pressure from the head moving. I was measuring spot on 28cm at 28 weeks too! After that I had the dreaded anti-D injection, which wasn't quite as bad as I had been led to believe, although I got a glimpse of the needle and it was rather massive. My arm was a lot less sore afterwards than the flu jab though, which was a pleasant surprise.
Next appointment is at 31 weeks with the GP again - needless to say I'll be booking in to see a different GP and asking for a morning appointment so I don't have a long journey back from work and am much less likely to be late that way.
The bump is progressing nicely - I am starting to feel quite big now and I love it (apart from the difficulty with shoes and socks!). Here are my pictures to date...
![]() |
| 5 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 13 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 14 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 17 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 18 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 20 WEEKS |
![]() |
| 21 WEEKS |













No comments:
Post a Comment