Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Changing Bag Love - Pacapod

Since the 20 week scan I have started to allow myself to relax, get more excited, and to think about buying baby things, finally!

Today I’ve been having a browse for changing bags, because - well - a bag is a bag and a love bags, so it seemed like a good excuse.

My absolute favourite so far has to be the Pacapod Sydney bag in Charcoal Leather. Oh my lord it’s a thing of beauty. It’s also an expensive bag – I’ve never spent £220 on a bag in my life! Although one could argue I will probably use a changing bag HARD so it’s worth the investment, right? Plus it’s LEATHER and grey leather too (my particular weakness). In all seriousness, it’s packed with features and looks like it would be a great investment if your budget can stretch that far.  

Sydney Bag - Charcoal
http://www.pacapod.com/sydney-designer-baby-bag-black.html

My second favourite is the Prescott bag – it looks like a really stylish satchel – what’s not to love? The contrast between the two fabrics turns a simple black bag into something more interesting, and it comes with all the same awesome features as the more expensive bags in the range. I feel like perhaps canvas would be a better choice anyway, from an ease-of-care perspective. I can imagine my husband wouldn’t feel too uncomfortable carrying a bag like this around, when required, which would be a bonus. This one is £115 which seems more affordable too.

Prescott Bag - Black
http://www.pacapod.com/prescott-black.html

Finally I quite like the clever Oban bag in Elephant. Another grey one, but in fabric this time. This can be converted to wear as a backpack, which I think is particularly cool and could come in handy when you need your hands free. I actually think this one is a bargain and I would happily spend £80 on a good quality bag like this.

Oban Bag - Elephant
http://www.pacapod.com/oban-elephant-grey-changing-bag.html
The thing I love about Pacapod, is how lovely and compartmentalised everything is (the ‘pods’ are so clever!), it feeds into this ideal that, once the baby arrives I am somehow going to be more organised than I am now. I’m going to be like the mumsactresses in the Pacapod demonstrational videos, I just know it!


I also love the fact that they really are grown up looking bags. I’m not a fan of the frills, cupcakes, kittens, flowers, and other fripperies (yes I’m looking at you Pink Lining!) that so many changing bags seem to come replete with. These bags are really stylish, they don’t scream yummy mummy at all, in fact they could easily pass as just a lovely handbag, rather than a changing bag specifically.

I am also obsessing over the pram-hook that allow you to neatly clip the bag to the handlebar of your pram, rather than using the strap of the bag. It looks so convenient and well designed, and means no putting your bag in the pram basket and taking up vital space.  

Pacapod Pram-Hook
http://www.pacapod.com/pram-hook.html

Now I just need to find a stockist so I can go and have a play with some of these beauties!

Would love to hear opinions from anyone who actually owns a Pacapod bag. Of course if I actually take the plunge and buy one, I will report back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment