We bought our pram a few weeks ago – one of the few
purchases we made before the 20 week scan because I was irrationally excited
about getting one.
I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of choice
available – so, so many different makes, models, options, colours – it was
quite mind-boggling.
A such I went through a process of elimination to narrow
down our choices, even before we stepped foot into a shop. I used online review
sites like Made for Mums (http://www.madeformums.com),
Push Chair Expert (http://www.pushchairexpert.com/),
and Mumsnet to find suitable options and read reviews to work out which ones
got a lot of praise. There may even have been a comparison spreadsheet built,
but let’s not talk about that!
Our main requirements were:
- Decent suspension (we live in a semi-rural area with very rough pavements)
- To be able to use the pram on all surfaces, not just paths (we are keen walkers and like visiting gardens, etc.)
- Decent basket size
- More than 1 year warranty
- Easy and relatively small to fold (I will be using our smallest car on a day to day basis, which doesn’t have masses of boot space)
- Travel system compatible
![]() |
| https://www.icandyworld.com/uk/en/product/peach-all-terrain |
![]() |
| http://www.johnlewis.com/icandy-peach-all-terrain-jogger-with-silver-chassis-toucan-hood/p1787523 |
The main advantage points for me were:
It’s SO easy to remove the seat unit and carrycot (it has ‘memory’
buttons which you push in, and they stay pushed so you can lift the unit off with one hand).
It has a really big basket!
It is so smooth and lovely to push, with decent
suspension and big ‘off-road’ tyres.
The fabric is lovely and smooth (silly I
know, but I am quite a tactile person and I just love the way it feels!).
It
folds small and is easy to fold (it has a carry strap you can lift it with when
folded) – the wheels can also be removed for cleaning / to make the fold
smaller.
The front wheel can be locked into position so it doesn’t swivel –
this should be good for pushing on rough surfaces.
It’s generally quite a
compact pram all around, while still having loads of features and meeting all of our requirements for a pram.
In fact the only ‘negative’ about it is the fact it doesn’t
have a gated bumper bar, you have to remove it completely, and the bumper bar
and handles are foam (I prefer leatherette!) but these are very minor
complaints.
I can’t wait to start using the pram now, it’s still in
boxes in our house and I am having to resist the urge to build it and push it
around the living room! I can’t believe that in around 17 weeks’ time there
will be a baby to go in it.


No comments:
Post a Comment